Wednesday, 5 August 2015

Our Fossil Hunt Writing

This week Room 14 has been working really hard on our Fossil Hunt recounts. These are some of our stories...


On Friday the year 2 and 3 syndicate went to the Richmond Hills to get fossils. I found a big fossil, it had 8 fossils in it. When we were coming back we came to a river. So we went on the rocks. It was dangerous! It made me feel happy.  -Kayne 


On Friday Room 11,12,13 and 14 went to the Richmond Hills. Next we came to a beautiful view on a hill. Then we went down the hill. I got 3 fossils on the hunt. I fell over and I hit my nose. Miss James and Miss Tucker helped lift me up. I had a horrible ache in my nose. I was soooooo excited at the end to get back and go home. The fossils were burried in the ground. Fossils are made in plants, animals and dinosaurs. We went half way up the hill. We went down steps. Some fossils were too deep down in the ground so I had to put my hand under the fossil and lift it up. I felt like an explorer. I felt the nature in my heart.  -Caitlin 


Last week room 14 and me and dad went for a fossil hunt. Room 14 started with 0 fossils. Next there was a river slowing us down. Then we had some lunch. It was like an adventure of nature. It was so fun that I want to go to the nature park again. Room 14 went to Easby Park to get to the Richmond Hill but we only went half way up because it was gigantic. I was exhausted from going up the hill. When we got back we had 90 fossils in our class.  -Noah


On Friday the year 2-3 syndicate went to Easby Park or Richmond Hills. Miss James, Mrs Scott, Mr Armstrong and Mr Brenton came too! I found ma tahi fossils! I loved the treasures. I was exhausted because the track was gigantic. First we didn't find the fossils for 30 minutes. Next we found fossils. Then someone found a big fossil.  -Aurora


The whole syndicate went to Easby Park. When we found some fossils it blew my heart away! We did walk for ages. I found heaps of fossils.  -Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment